OUR SERVICES TO MITIGATION BANKERS
Mitigation Marketing (MM) has created the largest inventory of mitigation credits in the state of Florida. The team at Mitigation Marketing has become an expert on marketing credits within the state and therefore will only operate and market for banks within the state of Florida.
Mitigation Marketing provides a full-service approach to marketing and management services for mitigation bankers.
Our Services to Mitigation Bankers Include:
- Market Analysis Services to Support Due Diligence for New Potential Mitigation Banks
- State-Wide Exposure for Your Project to Potential Users
- Targeted Distribution of Information Regarding the Mitigation Bank
- All Administrative Work for the Mitigation Bank
- Marketing and Management Services for the Mitigation Bank
- Permitting Support for each project
As one of the few pioneers of mitigation banking, MM is known for the successful development and marketing of wetland and habitat mitigation. We currently represent over twenty mitigation and conservation banks throughout Florida, which consist of over 35,000 acres of protected and restored land.
The company serves as a full service mitigation provider that excels at the client service level. Our mitigation team goes above and beyond the standard of excellence with client relationships as we provide unmatched customer service, administrative skills and highly regarded personnel.
MARKETING, SALES, PROMOTION, AND DEVELOPMENT
Mitigation Marketing manages the marketing of mitigation credits, drafting of sales agreements and the coordination and tracking of credit transfers.
All administrative services are comprehensive and include the following: securing the project as a sale, drafting Mitigation Credit Purchase Agreements, obtaining the deposit and signed agreement, sending reservation letters to the county, state, and/or federal agencies, tracking permitting status, coordinating necessary credit reservation extensions, invoicing for final payment, tracking state and/or federal permit issuance, coordinating with state and/or federal agencies with credit ledger deductions and credit release schedule.
MM is responsible for developing and implementing strategic sales plans and forecasts to identify new customers and close credit sale deals for each of MM’s mitigation banking ventures. MM is also responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with industry influences and key strategic partners that help facilitate credit sales.
A marketing report is generated monthly for each mitigation bank and gives detailed information on pending projects and new project leads. This report gives detailed activity and a running log of year to date cash flow with forecasted credit sales.
All compensation is based on commission and commission is paid at the closing or distribution of funds following each transfer.
During the length of the brokerage agreement, MM will seek and secure clients for the mitigation bank. When the prospective project turns into a sale, payment is received, and state and/or federal permits are issued, MM receives a commission of the gross sales amount at closing. During the length of the brokerage agreement, MM will handle all paperwork and correspondence necessary to facilitate the sale and transfer of credits. This includes any marketing brochures, mail-outs, tradeshows, and any correspondence such as drafting all letters of reservation, producing contracts and handling all correspondence regarding credit transfers between the purchaser and agency personnel. All professional paperwork services necessary to complete the transaction are provided.
COMPREHENSIVE SERVICES INCLUDED IN MARKETING SUPPORT
PRE-PERMIT ADVISING (if needed)
Dennis Benbow, President of Mitigation Marketing has the experience and expertise to advise mitigation bankers in the pre-permitting phase; as Dennis Benbow has been Managing Member of eight different mitigation banks throughout the permitting process since 1997.
Benbow can help facilitate the mitigation bank permitting process by assisting with the due diligence phase such as anticipated service area, a forecast credit amount awarded, credit releases, anticipated credit demand and financial obligations. Mitigation Marketing will provide referrals to the most qualified engineers, biologist, and attorneys that have the most experience with mitigation bank permitting in the state of Florida.
Mitigation Marketing represents mitigation banks through pro-active exposure at local, regional and national conferences, seminars and tradeshows. MM currently participates in Florida environmental conferences and tradeshows throughout the year. All of Mitigation Marketing’s mitigation banks are displayed at MM’s booth during each of these shows and conferences. All of MM’s brochures and packages have the mitigation bank’s service area and a description of all the ecological and restoration activities that have been performed to enhance the property. Mitigation Marketing not only exhibits at these events, but also is an active sponsor, hosting receptions, lunches, and other opportunities. Mitigation Marketing hosts an invite-only event for our clients which is held yearly at the Florida Chambers Environmental Permitting Conference for networking with environmental consultants, developers, and engineers.
TARGETED DIRECT MAIL CAMPAIGN
MM maintains communication with a network of 5,000 environmental consultants, engineers, attorneys, developers and agency personnel several times per year. All of MM’s mitigation banks’ information is included in these communications. Our quarterly direct mail includes postcards, letters, invitations to social gatherings and brochures. We also send out email blasts that provided relevant and informative information tailored to our clients.
MM visits its most valuable clients on a regular basis through presentation on new mitigation banks, new regulations, wetland mitigation, and mitigation banking issues for monthly lunch meetings.
Our team speaks at multiple associations, workshops, and conferences. We are continuously informing environmental consultants in each area of Florida of the financial and environmental benefits of purchasing mitigation credits from mitigation banks for their client’s unavoidable wetland impacts, rather than onsite or offsite mitigation. At these meetings, we provide information on the mitigation banks that MM represents and we spotlight a mitigation bank in the area of interest.
MM maintains a statewide database of information regarding all permitted and developing mitigation bank projects. Mitigation bankers have access to bank information such as pricing and permit review status, as well as the ability to request specific market research projects to be undertaken in the future.
Each bank in MM’s group will be kept abreast of industry trends and legislative changes that could affect the mitigation banking industry. MM also actively supports causes that help mitigation banking as well as challenges policies that may hinder the industry.
MM provides clients with the following benefits:
- ArcView/GIS database services – MM can provide clients with all of a project’s mitigation banking option
- Permitting support – MM helps support county, state, and/or federal permitting efforts and challenges
- Cumulative Impact Assessment- MM can arrange for cumulative impact assessments for out of basin impacts on specific projects, on an as needed basis, to ensure that the project will be approved by the state and/or federal agencies
- Legal Assistance- MM can refer competent legal assistance and lobbying efforts provided by a network of experienced attorneys prepared to resolve specific mitigation related issues
CUSTOMIZED MARKETING PLAN
MM will develop a marketing and business development plan specific to your bank including:
- Assist and coordinate the development of marketing materials
- Develop and manage the sale and transfer process for mitigation credits
- Join and represent client banks at appropriate local and state organization meetings
- Find appropriate local sponsor opportunities where clients or contacts for referrals are attending
- Represent mitigation banks at FDOT and permitting agency meetings related to annual transportation mitigation plan developments.
- Develop a computerized contact database for mailers and future contacts for the specific mitigation bank
- Implement a direct mail campaign to local contacts
- Schedule and implement a minimum of 8 workshops for consultants, attorneys and agency personnel
- Organize and promote tours of the bank for any interested prospects
- Identify and coordinate meetings with key developers and political champions in the mitigation bank’s service area
Colbert-Cameron Mitigation Bank has been utilizing the services of Mitigation Marketing since 1996. Their service is excellent, their fees are reasonable, and they have brought us sales we could not have obtained on our own. We recommend them without reservation.